Sales Tax Automation
Do you completely understand sales and use taxes?
Are you a monthly filer? Quarterly? Annual? Are you subject to use tax? Are some or all of your sales tax-exempt? How do you handle tax-exempt sales to a nonprofit? Do you purchase any goods or services that might be tax-exempt if you knew how to work with vendors to get tracked as a reseller? We’ve helped clients with all of these questions and more.
Are a portion of your sales exempt from sales tax? Are you certain? (We’ve had web designers, computer repair folks, technology consutlants, nonprofits, and tradesmen surprised to find out that some or all of their revenues are subject to sales tax.)
For instance, bookkeeping services are defined as a taxable data processing service in Texas. Because it is classified as data processing, the first 20% of each sale is tax exempt. Web design, word processing and a myriad of other services can fall into odd categories requiring special tracking. We can help you get it set up right!
Are you subject to state use taxes? You likely are – even if you were not aware of the obligaiton! Any purchases you make that are not subject to sales tax should be reviewed for adherence to state use tax rules. We’ve had clients who purchased thousands of dollars of equipment or services where we needed to compute and remit use tax.
Sales and use tax compliance can be complex, confusing and stressful. If you choose to have us help manage your sales tax needs, we can make compliance much easier! We partner with you to streamline and review your processes to ensure compliance.
- First, we will work with you to make sure you are really clear on how the state sales tax tax rules apply to your situation
- Then, we’ll make sure that each revenue stream is properly captured in QuickBooks Online’s powerful sales tax automation tools
- We’ll reconcile your taxable sales each filing period to make sure everything was captured properly
- Our team will coordinate with you to make sure any purchases that are subject to use tax are reported
- We will prepare a draft return for your review and attach all the supporting backup documentation (In case of future sales tax audits)
- Finally, after you approve the filing we’ll efile and arrange the payment on your behalf
Our goal is to reduce your sales tax anxiety. Let us help!