As an owner of an independent pharmacy, you have specific needs that a general practice bookkeeper may not understand. A typical point of sale (POS) system will not work for your business – you need specific functionality to handle customer prescriptions, rebate programs, insurance and third-party receivables. You may be compounding in the store; you might look at a robot to help prep the most common prescriptions. Plus, you have to manage retail goods and OTC inventory and pricing.
We have years of experience helping pharmacy owners build a comprehensive financial solution designed to manage much of their back-office needs. Each pharmacy has a different retail/OTC/Rx mix, customer profile, and operational solutions. Your back-office needs to be customized to match your business. We’ll work with you to make sure you have the data you need to manage your business and achieve your goals.
We offer retail businesses the following bookkeeping services:
- Bookkeeping software selection, installation, customization, and training
- Merchant account selection and support
- Monthly, quarterly or annual bookkeeping services for retail businesses, including reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable support
- Financial report preparation, including assistance in understanding your reports
- Reconciliations to vendor accounts, third-party receivables reporting, and integration of data from the POS systems
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- Payroll software selection, reporting, tax compliance, workers compensation, and other payroll management issues
- Benchmarking to your industry
- Assistance with vendor reviews
- And more depending on your specific financial needs